- Courage now needed to present Catholic Viewpoint in Ireland
- Catholic Comment seeks new speakers
- Catholic Comment Speakers - the value of support.
- Applications invited for the 2nd Catholic Comment Speakers' Panel
Articles About Catholic Comment
Join the Catholic Comment speakers panel
Catholic Comment prepares Catholics to speak clearly about their faith and assists the media in finding quality speakers when needed.
We’re seeking people who:
- Subscribe to Catholic teaching and values: This is not a ‘spin operation’. We will help you acquire the knowledge and skills to communicate clearly and competently in the media. But the intellectual and spiritual commitment to Catholic values must come from you.
- Reflect on their faith and work to increase their knowledge of the Church’s history, structure, mission and teachings – particularly in areas of controversy.
- Aim to improve their competence in public communication. Performance in the media requires continual openness to learning.
- Want to share their Catholic worldview in an open, confident, friendly and respectful way. There is never any reason for Catholics to speak offensively or act defensively. Our hope is greater than any of the challenges we face.
- Are willing to be available at short notice, to assist the public on issues relevant to Catholicism.
If you apply to become a speaker and are selected, we will offer you training and support.
As the number of people who we can train initially will be limited, we hope to provide material on this website (CC Topics) that a wider group of people can use in their daily work for the Church, e.g. in conversation with friends, family and school discussions, letters to newspapers etc.
So if you:
- have a sincere commitment to Catholic teaching and values
- are open to developing your media skills
- have time and energy for training events (mainly in Dublin)
- are available for speaking in the media
… please get in touch with us today.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone Sheena Darcy on 086 087 8704